INTERVIEW WITH WAX J


1.       WHATS YOUR NAME AND WHERE DO YOU HAIL FROM?

My name is JAMES HARUNA, well known as Wax.J, I’m from Kaduna which I was born and raised in, I am a hip hop artist.


JAMES HARUNA (WAX.J)

 

2.       WHAT FIRST GOT YOU INTO MUSIC?

Growing up right from my primary school I have always wanted to song but even when I wrote them they didn't make sense, with time I began to mime people's song then when I’m less busy I will start singing song that has no sense or good meaning but after some years when I started my Jss1 that was the time it struck me to it, I Started understand the game then and started having in mind to be an artist after I got inspired by MI'S Album and ICEPRINCE, that was how it All started.

 

GR-MEDIA: YOU GOT INSPIRES BY THE TWO LEGENDS OF THEIR TIME AT THE SAME TIME?

WAX.J: Absolutely.

 

3.       WHAT SHOULD WE CALLED THE MUSIC PATTERN YOU CREATED?

Hip hop, Afropop

 

4.       APART FROM MUSIC WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A HOBBY?

I love playing football.

 

5.   TALKING ABOUT THE TRACKS AND YOUR ALBUM, WHICH OF YOUR TRACK AND ALBUM AS THE GREATEST HIT OF ALL TIME?

Honestly this my third Tape but Kauna Ep has been fair to me, And Bonjour featuring DJ AB is my greatest hit of All time for now.

Wax.J and DJ AB


 6. HAVE YOU GOTTEN A CHANCE TO PERFORM IN ONE OF THE BIGGEST SHOW IN NIGERIA WITH TOP CELEBRITIES?

I showed up at the Abuja Submit in 2016, SEYI SHAY, RUGGED MAN, CDQ and lots were there, Last year I performed at the Abs Stadium and a lot of Northern Top like DJ AB was there too.

 

GR-MEDIA: IMPRESSIVE YOU'VE BEING IN THE GAME FOR LONG😊

WAX.J: Been a time coming Lol

 

7.       WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST TRACK LIKE, WHAT YEAR DID YOU RELEASE IT?

My First track was a Gospel song though, my first track was dropped 2013.

 

8.    HOW MANY TOP ARTIST HAVE YOU WORKED WITH, AND WHAT TRACK SHOULD THAT BE?

I have worked with RUBY GYANG of Chocolate city, currently working on songs with bigger artists I don't wanna say it till its time.

 

GR-MEDIA: Lol its great if you keep it confidential for now

WAX.J: Yes I can secretly tell you 😀

GR-MEDIA: Lol sure I would love to but my brand is kinda been gossiping!

I know you won't love to see a gossip about you on Gossiproof.com.ng 😂

WAX.J: 😂😂😂

 

9.  TALKING ABOUT YOUR MUSIC CARRIER HOW HAVE INTERNET AND YOUR RECORD LABEL HELP YOU IN PROMOTING YOUR TRACKS?

I have been independent since day one, promoting my self has been a big challenge for me I hope I get better and bigger.

Internet is one big promotion itself, I got a lot hook up online

 

10. SO TALKING ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL LIFE, THE SOCIAL MEDIA HAVEN'T EXPOSE YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND YET, SO WHAT'S THE SECRET, ARE YOU HIDING HER?

Nope, I don't have a Girlfriend RN. Still Searching

 

11. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT THE INDUSTRY, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I will change the way Arewa music is heard to international recognition that I hope to do.

 

12.   LASTLY, WHAT'S THE WORD YOU EVER WANT TO SAY TO YOUR FANS?

Nothing else than thanking my fans all round the world for the love showing on me, and to Arewa ya Zama Dolle inyi da Su Dan Suna Yi DaNi.

INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER HANDLE: @waxjharuna

 



Comments

  1. Ma nigga ah de wit u more lyrics and more grease to ur elbows hailing from j town Godwin a.k.a thiago alcantara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment